This week for Writer Wednesday I thought I’d do the writing tag for my upcoming novella, Seaborne!
1. A crazy hacker has gone into your computer and deleted all but one song off of your writing playlist. Which song is it?
Given that I don’t really create entire playlists for my books this is a little hard to answer. I guess if someone blocked me from listening to all Irish (or Celtic) music ever I’d be super sad as that is a lot of what I’ve listened to when writing Seaborne.
2. Your protagonist and antagonist have been paired up by friends to go out to lunch together. Where do they go?
Probably to the local pub. Murtagh is a fisherman and always enjoys a good fish dinner. Arabella doesn’t eat fish, but will happily chow down on some french fries and a salad.
3. You’re crossing a bridge when the troll living under it stops you. He demands to read a chapter from your novel and won’t let you cross otherwise. Which chapter do you give him?
Hmm Seaborne isn’t written in chapters. I guess I’d give him an early part of the story in which Arabella gets caught in a riptide. It’s fast paced, full of drama, and has edge of your seat thrills. Who wouldn’t be entertained by that?
4. Your friends have invited you out to a party. SURPRISE all of your characters are there! Who do you choose to hang out with?
Probably Arabella. She’s outoing, talkative, and loves to have a good time. If I’m at a party, she’s the kind of girl I’d want to be around.
5. Crap! You’ve left your car keys in your house and you’ve somehow locked yourself out. Which of your characters picks the lock for you?
Ronan, Murtagh’s son. He’s a shady character in that he keeps to himself and doesn’t speak much, but he’s had his fair share of breaking into places he really shouldn’t before.
6. The zombie apocalypse is happening right now and everyone is fleeing to Mars. You can take one of your characters with you. Who do you choose?
It is REALLY hard to choose between Sadie and Arabella. Hands down it would be one of them, but they are sort of a package deal. While they are their own characters, they are so bonded that taking one from the other almost cripples them. They’ve each saved the other in a myriad of ways. I guess I would have to say Arabella. She’s more of the leader type and if you’re starting a new colony or just exploring a new place, you need someone like that. Sorry, Sadie.
7. You’ve been given the opportunity to travel to one place in your book. Where do you go?
Ireland, duh. It’s been my dream vacation for years and years. Though if we are talking specific locations, then probably Murtagh’s house. Despite him being not-so-nice for most of the book, Celia has managed to turn their cottage into a super cozy place.
8. You meet your main character and start a converastion with them. Problem is you’ve only got 6 words or less to do so. What do you say?
You could say almost anything to Arabella and she’ll start talking. She loves to talk and is very outgoing. If you really want to spark her interest though, mention animal rights or Paganism.
9. Crazy acid rain is falling from the sky, which of your characters would you use as an umbrella?
Murtagh as for most of the book he’s a total douche.
10. You’re out a restaurant with your main character and the time has come to order dessert. What do you order for them?
Vegan chocolate cake. (Arabella isn’t actually vegan–she’s vegetarian, but she does avoid eggs and dairy milk.)
Look out for Raven’s upcoming book, Seaborne (a NA Lesbian Magical Realism novella), which is being released on September 18, 2016. And if you simply need more lesbian fiction before then, check out her free lesbian stories~!