Created by the awesome author Jenna Moreci!
1) Provide a brief description of your novel before beginning. NO MORE THAN 5 SENTENCES.
Novel: The Vessel
Description: Forced into a demon’s ritual as a child, Lydia has been able to lead a relatively normal life. That is, until her mother dies and leaves her without the necessary protection she needs to avoid demons coming after her. Now, as she goes on what could be the most important gig of her music career, demons start coming after her threatening to possess her.
2) If your cast is fewer than 15 characters, you can’t use the same name more than twice. If your cast is larger than 15 characters, you can’t use the same name more than once.
1. Which character is SO into the holidays, they nearly cause a street-wide power outage from all their Christmas lights?
Stephanie, Lydia’s roommate. She is a bright, chipper person who loves any reason to celebrate.
2. Which character attends the office new years party with ONE date…and goes home with someone else?
Carlie. After the break up she’d look for anyone to comfort her and make her feel worthwhile.
3. Which character is more than happy to steal Hanukkah gelt from poor, unsuspecting children? [Note: Hanukkah gelt = chocolate coins]
The demon (as of yet a final name has not been settled on). Not a fan of holidays, and…well…a demon.
4. Fill in the blanks: I saw ____[character]____ doing a whole lot more than ____[verb]____-ing Santa Claus. They were full on ____[action]____.
I saw Kip doing a whole lot more than befriending Santa Claus. They were full on making plans to surprise people .
5. One of your characters decides to pregame before church and passes out in the middle of the Christmas service. Which character is it?
None of my cast would actually be going to church. Most of my characters are Pagan, and those that aren’t are either demons or atheists.
6. Which character hasn’t been seen since winter began because they refuse to deal with the snow?
Rai, the drummer in Lydia’s band.
7. Which character completely forgot about the holidays and ends up regifting to everyone?
Lydia. She’s a little absent minded and easily gets wrapped up in her own world and life.
8. Which character has such crappy luck, they only discover their potato allergy after pigging out on latkes?
Kip, though he never lets his bad luck get him down.
9. The Krampus has arrived to punish your very bad characters. Which character is kinda into it?
Lydia. She’s not afraid of the darker side of things, and is more into Krampus myths than Santa.
10. One of your characters should be on the naughty list, but has convinced Santa to clear their name. Which character is it, and what was their means of persuasion?
Carlie. She promised him naughty things if he labeled her a good girl.